Monday, August 13, 2007

I Love You You Slutty Little Leprechaun!

So a few months back I met a crazy character named Zack at a subway sandwich shop. He is a Jewish freelance journalist from Montreal. Sort of sweet and edgy (swedgy) and verrrry good at the banter. Bantertasmic. Perfectly timed with the uprising, I was able to learn more about this near stranger a la Facebook.

Turns out Zack is in this long time tumultuous relationship (ie "It's Complicated" to "Open Relationship With" to "Single" back to "It's Complicated"...you get it) with a rockstar writer performer person from Toronto called Elayne. (They also have a little pet named Marzipan le doggie who is a female dog with a humping problem... yes this is what I do instead of keeping up on current events)

Well they were traveling to exciting places together, and at one point while in Ireland he wrote to her "I love you, you slutty little leprechaun!" Now this silly flirtism got hold of me and won't let go. How so, you ask? (A friend said if anyone called her that she would hit him in the mouth! I feel differently.) My gosh do I feel some serious longing for a big bright love... and for an edgy, hot dynamic where I really am a slutty little leprechaun... a slutty little leprechaun with someone in love with me! Is this insanity or do you get the appeal???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just came back from a long weekend at a friend's ranch here in Missouri. Somehow over lunch, the topic haphazardly lunged from knitting to wedding dresses to me blurting out the phrase "slutty leprechaun." I'll let you connect the dots on that convo, but rest assured the table burst out with some genuine belly laughs and the phrase is now permanently lodged in my gray matter.

You're the #1 google hit for "the slutty leprechaun," in case "I'm feeling lucky," as Google likes to say. ...And if you can't get lucky with a slutty leprechaun, who can you get lucky with? Really?

If I ever open up an Irish, that will be the name. But alas, I'm just a Jew who uses Facebook and has no plans to open up a pub.

Ran

p.s. Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi there SparklyD. This is Elayne -- the girl you mention in your blog post. Somehow, my website has been named "I Love You You Silly Little Leprechaun" after this blog post which I'm obviously not happy about. After doing a web search, it led me to your blog and I"m wondering if you tagged my name which would explain why in Yahoo.Com, when you search for my name, the title of your blog shows up as the name of my website. It's very strange, disconcerting and embarrassing. Can you please untag my name and any links to my website? Thank you very much.
Elayne