Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Rock (Climber)

Yesterday Garth and I went climbing together. It was Garth's first time and he liked it! I had another milestone night. Yaayyy! I climbed to the top of the 5.6 (same one as last time) but this time I didn't use any pirate ploys to get to the top. I only used actual grips (AND only the ones set for my course) - no cheating!!!

Darren (Bodhi emerging?) was there and he helped Garth and I all night. He is such a sprite. Love that guy. Garth and I decided we achieved much more with him around because we would too easily give up in front of each other, but in front of Bodhi there is some temptation to be like 'Yes I AM cool enough to be in your bad ass bank robbin' surfer posse.' Yup.

So I

  • Made it to the top without cheating
  • Rallied and made it to the top of ANOTHER easier climb after that - I was freakin' exhausted!
  • Worked on looking cool (ie better climbing form/techniques) after Darren did an impression of what I look like! This means straighter arms, hangin' low, hip shiftin and trusting my legs. (Hard to trust those two - especially the sketchy left one!)
  • Explored balance - there is some kind of zen karate kid thing you actually start to do where you stick one leg out where there is no hold to balance yourself.
  • Switched footing.
  • Let myself reach and fall off a few times (a BIG deal for me).
  • Did a pull-up and a chin-up where Darren did most of the work spotting me
  • Did ...of course... push-ups. Did such a good job on women's that he thought I could for sure do a man's. Not last night.
  • Exerted myself further than ever before ESPECIALLY in front of another human. This is really hard for me.

So stay tuned for my blog about SF and the wedding. I'm going to upload photos and write my entry on the weekend.

If you aren't interested in my climbing progress then you can avoid blog entries with this label. There will be a lot of them. Climbing is a lot more fun than dating. AND there are more hot, shirtless men.

xo

D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good for you on your climbing acheivements. Sounds like you're really enjoying it.

Michael said...

You guys aren't allowed to have fun when I am not in the country. I thought we went over this?

Floyd Bennet Field said...

I am incredibly impressed with your dedication. It is truly inspirational. However, I am looking forward to when you combine your two passions and go rock climbing in a sexy date dress!

Anonymous said...

i am in argentina anxiously awaiting your blog about the wedding! jen