Sunday, January 20, 2008

Another Dream

Couldn't neglect to mention another interesting dream I had last night.

You know those classic anxiety dreams about writing a test for which you've not studied or leaving for a trip when you haven't packed?  I had a great variation on that last night...

I dreamt that I was invited to play the role of Maria in a production of The Sound of Music.  I arrived at the theatre and to my surprise - it was the night of the production and a huge audience was already assembled in their seats.

Unfortunately, I had no costume (ironic given my 2007 Hallowe'en costumes!) so clearly the logical priority was to cut one haphazardly from material and pretty much wrap it around myself.  I had never met the cast, seen the script or reviewed my lines.  The organizer quickly brought me to the front and suddenly I was on the stage with several other actors.  I had no idea what part of the play we were at (clearly not the beginning of the movie - otherwise I could have unleashed my 'the hills are alive' number with reasonable ease and excellent enthusiasm.  I stood there stupidly and someone tried to feed me my line.  I just looked at everyone incredulously.  I didn't even get to any singing!

Now we get to the part I'm proud of.  Someone tried to imply that I was unprepared, didn't know my lines etc.  I fought back!  I started telling everyone off, dropping rapid fire f bombs like this:  "I'M FUCKING UNPREPARED??? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?  WHO THE FUCK PUTS ON A PLAY WITHOUT EVER HAVING MET THE PERSON PLAYING THE FUCKING LEAD?  WHY THE FUCK HAVE WE NEVER REHEARSED?  WHAT IS THIS FUCKING AUDIENCE DOING HERE WHEN I DON'T EVEN HAVE A FUCKING COSTUME??  YOU GUYS ARE FUCKED UP!!!"

Isn't that awesome?  I let it all out.  That never happens in real life!  Yay me.

D


No comments: