Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Year of the Rat

Well a few weeks into 2008, here's the early read:

2008 - The Year of the Rat

Alternately,

The year of the chronic cough.
The year of Hot Body February.
The year of questionable ethics.  Sketchtastic.
The year of the big-girl bed.  (Goodbye stupid crappy futon!  My new mattress arrives on January 22nd and it is the same one the Queen sleeps on when she visits the Royal York)
The year of Narrow Closed. (vs. Wide Open*)
The year of the 5.10
The year I get prepared for when the shit hits the fan.

Bleh.  This does not look so good.  I'll have to work on it.

*Wide Open refers firstly to a local bar where I occasionally attend 2-for-1 drinks on Monday night.  Wide Open also refers to my tendency to say things that are socially inappropriate and thus make others uncomfortable.  Hence the year of Narrow Closed means not attending that bar very much (no good comes of it) and also generally applying a careful screen on what I say.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

I didn't get the 5.10 - is it a climbing reference? And, maybe it's good for people to feel uncomfortable sometimes. I wouldn't drop that one. :-)

SparklyD said...

Yes the 5.10 one refers to the difficulty of a climb. It is where things get tricky. I can't really do a 5.9 justice now but I'll devote the time I used to spend making people uncomfortable and I'll be there in no time. Then I'll just sub in my chronic coughing for words and create a whole new language! BTW I'm still thinking of how I'm weird to post to your blog... :)